Background – Jakarta Capital had announced on Wednesday (9/9) that the administration was reimposing the large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) policy amid a rising number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the capital. The restrictions will be reimposed on Monday (14/9).
The decision was made considering the high number of daily COVID-19 cases and deaths in the capital.
By reimposing the restrictions, the administration will not allow non- essential workplaces to operate and order its workers to work from home. The administration will also not allow public activities to be held.
There are only businesses in 11 sectors that allowed to operate. These sectors are:
– Food and beverages;
– Public utilities;
– Communication services and media;
– Banking and financial services;
– Logistics and distributions;
– Construction and industry;
– Supermarkets; and
– Essential services.
JAS Airport Services
At JAS, we are continuing to update our clients and customers in regards to the COVID-19 developments in our services to the stakeholders.
At this time and in connection with the definition of essential services by the government, JAS services are defined as ESSENTIAL. JAS operations in ground and cargo handling remains OPEN for business and is COMMITTED to closely monitoring and updating all of our employees, vendors, suppliers, and partners of its status with COVID-19.
As it is still the desire of JAS to avoid any potential interruption, we have been utilizing a series of measures to address combating COVID-19 and providing ongoing customer needs:
- We had established a COVID-19 management team who will oversee the implementation of policies and procedures for employees to work safely.
- There is a work-from-home policy to determine which JAS employees are able to work from home and those that are needed to attend the workplace.
- We had reduced overtime hours and shifts. Temperature checks prior to entering the work environment should be in place. Additionally, JAS employees and customers are required to wear masks.
- We will continue to promote and provide hygienic and sanitary facilities and implement social and physical distancing, while also having procedures in place to identify COVID-19 symptoms and report them to the authorities.
Every JAS employees will be encouraged to monitor for announcements from the government related to COVID-19, which can be accessed here.
At JAS, we would like to thank you for your continued support and assistance as we all navigate through these challenging times together.